Sunday, May 9, 2010

Happy Mother's Day

Happy Mother's Day

So, eleven days left. Collecting junk together - well, virtually collecting junk- the UPS man and the magic of the internet will cooperate and perform the actual physical accumulation and delivery of the necessary equipment. That's something. The studio is clean and properly configured for optimum painting generation. This aids greatly in making that last big push to finish up school work

It's really awesome how desperation, brought upon by the consumption of time like so much oxygen in a room full of fire, desperation shuts out the extraneous voices in the cacophony of the mind. Does this outfit match? did I get enough exercise today? Am I eating right? What of political turmoil at home and abroad? I can't care anymore. I'm too busy.

Pics of this last set of assignments will be up this week, as I get around to digging up a camera from somewhere in ye olde Family compound. Non of em are done yet, but most are at least started.

On a pivotal side note, I could currently really go for a burrito right about now. Just sayin'

Current assignments are three (3) paintings of dimensions at least 18 x 24, featuring point of perspective as the subject and utilizing a window as the dominant middle-ground imagery. I chose a shot of my boss hanging a window, the view of our kitchen window above the sink, and the view out my car windshield. also one abstract using color to illustrate depth. 3 drawings, also 18 x 24.

Planning to head out to the Birchfield-Penny and Albright-Knox on Friday.

Thanks Mom. You've taught me everything I know. To the rest of the world, if I ever do anything worthwhile, it was her fault.

Now, back to work.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tabletop

 I have been working on refurbishing and custom finishing discarded and "found" tables. It is really neat to see the junk get turn...