Saturday, May 22, 2010

12:15 PM, Day Two

At a rest stop just outside Des Moines, IO.
Been making pretty good time. Made it to Chicago last night about 10:30 pm. Chicago's a beautiful city, except for the stop signs at every intersection and the speed bumps half the height of my car. So far, the weather has been bizarre. Driving out through Pennsylvania and Ohio, it was 80 and sunny. In Indiana, the sky opened up and Zeus unleashed his mighty fury in the form of sheets of rain with thunder and lightening which lasted over an hour (the better part of the state). Illinois this morning was wall-to-wall fog: must've been the cloud that all that rain came out of. Amazing Pea soup fog! I have pics which i will upload at some point. Today, I'm aiming for Lincoln, NE, but I wouldn't mind a bit further.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tabletop

 I have been working on refurbishing and custom finishing discarded and "found" tables. It is really neat to see the junk get turn...