Saturday, May 29, 2010

Day Nine - is it really nine? damn.

Day nine: Whitehorse, Yukon. The Alcan is the craziest thing ever. Adjectives can't describe. No guard rails, 200 ft drop on either side, giant pot holes, one lane in either direction. I have no pictures, as the camera battery died right after I left Fort Nelson. Canada is a funny place. Funny as in they charge for water, there are few public restrooms and nothing is open after 10pm. As I drive around at 1:30 am looking for gas, I notice about a dozen other wayward vessels locked in a similar persuit. They all have American plates. The canadians all went to bed.... also, if you're in a very beautiful town, marred only by the pressence of a giant oil refinery right to the south which periodically sends large streams of foul air through the southern half of town, you'd expect gas to be the cheapest. Why is gas more expensive here than anywhere else I've been? gotta get back on the road. Next stop, Tok, Alaska. Camera charged, onward ho!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tabletop

 I have been working on refurbishing and custom finishing discarded and "found" tables. It is really neat to see the junk get turn...