Saturday, June 12, 2010

Day Sixteen: Seward, AK. the Mural Capital of Alaska

Two weeks in, I've seen some bears (all black), and climbed two mountains. We live in a campground with no internet or wifi or showers, but with an electrified bear-deterent fence. I've become admittedly blaze about the whole bear-thing (bearanoia) since I heard that there are only about three bear-related fatalities a year and that violent bear/human encounters are incredibly rare. So Seward, very small. I wish it had a health food store (it used to). Food is Hyper Expensive here. literally twice the cost anywhere else I've ever been. amazing. broke. Other than that, I really can't complain. Life is good., I am tired, but happy, and only a little bored (mostly because I should be doing homework). Can't think of anything else. Oh, there is this:
view from Flat Top Mountain
Clouds
Fast-Pitch Whiffle Ball

2 comments:

Tabletop

 I have been working on refurbishing and custom finishing discarded and "found" tables. It is really neat to see the junk get turn...