Monday, April 20, 2015

same old same old.

http://www.popularmechanics.com/science/energy/g161/top-10-myths-about-natural-gas-drilling-6386593/?
I like this article, though I find fault with their underrepresentation of a frac pad on the last slide: real frac pads are huge and complex. This is a deeply controversial topic in my own family and in the nation. My personal take is that U.S. sourced Natural Gas is a vast VAST improvement upon the sad state of the U.S. coal addiction; Up to 90% less pollution.P.S. I live less than a mile from a coal power plant. I believe that American natural gas is about the best we can hope to get out of fossil fuels. I also prefer gas heat and cooking to electric. Solar panel streets are an excellent idea, though. Can't wait to see that happen.

On another note, I'm vaguely wondering if Western PA is right for us. Comfortable, but doesn't necessarily feel like home. Time will tell. Maybe I'm just a wanderer by nature. I love the climate here, but I'm not enthusiastic about the spot we're living in right now. Transitional. these are thoughts fueled by a lack of sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tabletop

 I have been working on refurbishing and custom finishing discarded and "found" tables. It is really neat to see the junk get turn...